PNGLC Handles Freight Claims
Going through the freight claims process when your freight does not arrive in good condition, can be a major headache. Luckily, it is not a headache that you need to deal with because we file the claims on your behalf! If your shipment was damaged or lost through the shipping and logistics process, the steps below will be taken to correct the situation.
Damaged Packaging or Products
- If you receive (or your customer receives) a shipment that is damaged, it is helpful to take pictures of the condition of the package or product when it is received.
- Make sure that the delivery receipt documents any damages. If the outer package is damaged, you should still notate it on the delivery receipt even if you are unsure if the product inside is damaged.
- Do not discard the damaged packing because a third party inspector may need to evaluate the damages.
- Send us the commercial invoice that shows the actual value of the product not retail cost, which lets us know the value of the product.
- We file the claims paperwork and pursue compensation on your behalf.
- The first step before filing a freight claim is seeing if it is possible to reclaim lost cargo.
- We ask the carrier to put out an APB (All Points Bulletin) to locate the missing freight.
- If the carrier is unable to find the freight, then we will file a freight claim on your behalf.
It is our responsibility at PNG Logistics to ensure the safe arrival of your products, and we take that responsibility seriously, which is why we offer these claims services to our customers in addition to specialized shipping and logistics services.